Happy New Year everyone!
It's been a few weeks since my last post what with the chaos in the run-up to Christmas and everything. But I haven't been idle! I'm writing this post from my shed! This is a wind-powered eco-post!
I finally finished the little folding table that you see in the photo here. It's made out of discarded wooden bed headboards and folds flat against the wall to save space in here when I'm doing some woodwork. And I just joined a new Apple Airport Express to my house network, so I have internet access up here.
It's chuffing cold, mind. I can imagine having to find a little low-energy heater to make conditions a little more tolerable when it's a mere -2 or whatever it is today.
But I'm delighted to be in a position to use the shed in anger, so to speak. My New Years Resolutions:
- make regular use of the shed for working. This should save time on the work and money on energy.
- cycle to work more often. It's only 3 miles away & I don't really have an excuse not to. Except I don't like cycling when it's rainy, which since I live in north Wales, is often.
- save for a solar panel to compliment the windmill. It's been flat calm for a few days again & my battery is only showing 12.3 volts - almost halfway through.
- spend more time with the kids having saved it up here in the shed!
- become ludicrously rich somehow.